New moms—we feel you. It’s hard to think of fun things to talk about with your baby when you’re sleep deprived those first few months. Ok let’s be honest, it can be downright difficult just to make sentences.
The fourth trimester it’s the perfect time to get used to snuggling up with your baby and a good book. Your baby adores being close to you and listening to your voice. That delicious closeness is the next best thing to being inside your belly! It makes them feel safe and stimulates their growing brain … while giving yours a rest!
5 benefits of reading to your baby every day
Don’t worry that your baby has exactly zero idea what you are saying, reading has lasting benefits, like:
- Helping them recognize numbers, letters, colors and shapes
- Sharing words and phrases that will help them learn to talk
- Beefing up their listening and memory skills
- Introducing different emotions and expressive sounds
- Developing an understanding of their world through touch, sight and sound
What’s better than snuggling up with your new baby and a good book? Not much. But try it while wrapped in a gorgeous cashmere baby blankie; each one comes with a beautiful, one-of-a-kind story booklet that peeks inside a magical world of cultural discovery.
We’d love to hear why you love reading to your baby, share your #newmamamoment on Instagram.