It’s that time of year again—my favorite holiday of all holidays—Valentine’s Day! It's the perfect time for gift giving and giving your loved ones something special. Is there a woman you love who’s having a baby or just had her little one? Aside from a romantic dinner, exquisite flowers or another piece of jewelry, what else can you gift her that will put a big smile on her face?
Oh—and don’t forget—if she is pregnant or just had a baby, she's thinking about her little one pretty much 99 percent of the time! Our mamas at 10 to 12 Baby Lounge have a lot of gift giving (and receiving!) experience, so we put together what we like to call “The Art of Gift Giving – Baby Edition.” It’s a quick and easy list that comes in especially handy when you're in search of a perfectly unique Valentine's Day gift that she'll treasure for a lifetime!
5 quick and easy baby gift giving tips
1. Meaningful Choose something that reminds her of a happy memory you shared together. When she looks at or uses your gift it will bring a smile to her face and joy to her heart.
2. Thoughtful Give her a gift that matches her personality and she’ll be over the moon. For a special touch, we recommend including a card with a thoughtful, hand-written note. Personal touches make for lasting memories in the heart of those who receive your gifts.
3. Unexpected Surprising your mom-to-be with a ‘just because’ gift makes them feel extra special, valued and loved. Taking time to express how much you care for someone is one of life’s greatest gifts.
4. Useful Useful gifts are perfect for this milestone in her life. Giving a gift she can put to good use is not only practical but oh-so-helpful as she welcomes her new baby home.
5. Timeless Something like a petal-soft cashmere blanket that can double as a throw and be treasured long after all the baby things have been put away is a perfect timeless gift. Just imagine her new baby years from now, heading off to college with your blanket stored safely in her moving boxes.
If you’re ready for spring gift giving ideas, our cashmere baby gift sets make the perfect standout baby shower gifts for the special mom in your life. When you purchase a 10 to 12 Baby Lounge cashmere baby gift sets you’re getting the best in terms of quality and sustainability. Our cashmere is sourced using a 100 percent cruelty-free combing process that gently removes the fibers once a year, which is part of what makes our products so special.
In addition to our own timeless baby cashmere gift sets and blankets, we’re in love with Little Spoon, Parasol and their unique take on healthy products for our babies. Little Spoon has taken baby nutrition to the next level with individualized plans for babies. Though she won’t need it right away, Little Spoon is a healthy, thoughtful gift that will help new moms transition their babies to solids with not just the best foods, but also the right foods.
Parasols are the world's softest diaper, made with a specially developed, ultra-soft top sheet layer that truly comforts your child. All of their products are produced with the respect for the highest ecological, social and ethical standards. "Parasols are like clouds delivered to your baby's bum!" says Kalorin Suetron, a Parasol Co family member, "From diapers to wipes, we got you covered—literally! Your baby's comfort is our top priority and your baby's style will never have to compromise the safety of or responsibility to Mama Earth!"
We're also loving the Bentley 6-in-1 Tricycle/Stroller from Posh Baby and Kids because it grows with your child. "The Bentley Trike is the ideal gift for stylish moms, offering a perfect combination of elegance and functionality which will fit into moms busy lifestyle and keep baby safely entertained. Every function has been designed to make moms life easier and converts from a stroller to a trike, adapting to the changing need of your child."
10 to 12 Baby Lounge is excited to help you choose the perfect meaningful, thoughtful, unexpected, useful, and timeless gifts for those amazing pregnant women and new mommies in your life.